Monday, June 25, 2007

The News

Two Peas Blogging Prompt....

Do you watch the news? Why or why not? What stories always move you? Blog about it.

I make it a point to not watch the news because I tire easily of too much negativity. Anything else is just "fluff" stories that aren't any interest. I know I probably miss out on things that would be interesting but I'm not willing to watch 100% of the time to catch 1% of something interesting.

HOWEVER... With that said.... I am watching the news right now because my mom's home is in South Lake Tahoe and this is something that worries me. I'm praying for Wasabe Drive in Meyers, CA (along with the rest of the area!) and hope that you'll join me!!! While I live five hours away, South Lake Tahoe is where my mom lives since 1999. I'm watching the news for any and all updates on this topic. It's hard though getting through all the commentary on Paris Hilton.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

I hope your mom's home is okay... take care and all the best.

Cassandra said...

I've been sending good vibes since yesterday.
We've been sitting here dealing with the smoke and complaining, but its nothing compared to the big picture.
Hope everything works out for your mom.

Michelle said...

Oh my, that must be scary. Prayers being sent for you.

Michelle

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

I will pray for your mom for sure. One of my oldest friends & all her family lives up there now also so I am praying for all...it is horrible.